Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally Posting Again

This is a favorite picture of mine. Caleb is enjoying sledding down the driveway and he is laying in the sled and our two dogs see him laying and come running to check on him. The dogs are so protective of all of us but especially Caleb. If he is laying down they will stay by him until he gets up, I think he milks it just a bit because he loves having the dogs close by.

This is the snow view out of the front door. Across the street where the snow laden trees are is where we spotted the deer this week. Read further down the blog for details. I loved how the ice stayed on the trees and makes everything so beautiful at least when you get to stay home and not be driving.



This picture was taken on a recent snow day that we had. Caleb was having a blast with the our neighbor children sliding down the hill. They made a ramp to jump off of and spent hours playing in the cold. We've been blessed with some wonderful neighbors.


These are the beautiful flowers that Caleb gave me for Valentine's Day. He picked them out all by himself, his daddy was just the driver to the store. Wayne got me 3 of my favorite Lip Glosses. I hate lipstick because it dries my lips out too bad but Estee Lauder makes wonderful lip gloss so I got pink, pink and more pink lipgloss.

My dear wonderful mother reminded me yesterday morning on the telephone that it had been a very long time since posting. Aren't mothers wonderful to give you those gentle nudgings. I love you mom, thanks for the reminder. In all actuality I've been having computer issues, hopefully to be resolved very soon. I've had to visit the library to get computer access which is not always convienent.
To bring you up to date with what has been going on in our neck of the woods. Caleb has been a busy little boy these past few weeks. He has had Baseball Academy which basically means that he has been in training for the upcoming baseball season. He was able to attend the pitching and hitting sessions which are pretty intense. We will see how he does in the upcoming weeks with baseball season getting ready to kick off. He is supposed to be the primary pitcher for his baseball team, which is a great honor but such a responsibility. I think I get more nervous than he does because of all the pressure that is on him. Caleb has also been attending a hunter safety course at the Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro puts on this course along with the local DNR and 4 H Club. He had his 100 questions test this past Tuesday evening and passed with flying colors, I was so proud of him. He passed with a 93%. This weekend he gets to attend a Field Day where DNR sponsors all ammunition for a 4 hour shooting session. There will be all types of guns that the kids will get to shoot, he is very excited about the shoot. Caleb received a gun for Christmas that he had been wanting for a long time but a requirement of ours was that he had to attend a hunter safety course before shooting. Voila! Hunter Safety Course is completed and many safe hunting days ahead. Yesterday, Caleb and I looked out our front windows and there were 6-7 deer all grazing in the yard across from ours. Caleb being the very typical little boy, says to me, "Mom, I need to get dad's 12 gauge and shoot those deer". My response was I don't think so, lets just watch and enjoy the deer. He didn't like my response one bit.

On a different note, I'd like for you'll to check out my friend Amy's blog, it is listed under Crosswalk. Amy and her family are going through a very difficult trial at this time and desperately need our prayers, the doctors also need wisdom in treating Amy's condition. I'd also like to mention a prayer request for a family of a patient that I took care of in just the past couple of weeks. This patient was a fellow employee that was 38 years old and was hospitalized for approximately 3 weeks, with a very unsure diagnosis. He ended up dying on my unit and his family has taken his death very hard. He and his wife had only been married for 5 years and did not have any children but were in the process of adopting a child.
Our problems in life seem so big in our little world, but when you look outside your windows there are always people that are hurting and have needs that are so much bigger than ours. I pray that God will make me sensitive to other's needs and help me not to be so self focused on my own problems. Please say a prayer for Amy and her family as well as this other family that I will simply call by the name "KM".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you are back and posting. Also I am sure Amy's family appreciates all of the prayers. We will also remember the other family that you mentioned. Trust you are having a great week.

Leah said...

Rachel,
Glad to see your update.
Congratulations to Caleb and his hunter safety course. I can relate... Clayton sees a squirrel outside and goes for his bow and arrow.
You're so right... There are some really hurting people out there! How traumatic to have someone pass away so quickly!
Great to keep in touch with you in this way.
Love, Leah

Laura ☃ said...

I am glad to see your post & pictures. I'm right there with you feeling the stress of my own problems but in comparison to what some people are facing or have faced, I just need to hold on to my loved ones and be thankful. We will pray for the hearts & lives of the family mentioned!