Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Review of the past couple of weeks

It has been a busy couple of weeks around our house we've had the school play, been on fall break and celebrated a graduation. Caleb was the sheriff in his school play How the West was Dunn what a great job learning the lines and performing he did. We were so proud of him. That evening before the play he said to me, mom, my stomach feels real funny, I just don't know if I can do it. Once Caleb hit the stage he didn't appear nervous at all. The cast and teachers at St. John's did a great job on the play, jitters and all.

Caleb gets two weeks in the fall for break because St. John's has a balanced school calendar so he has enjoyed himself immensly. We were able to visit the children's museum in Indianapolis as one of our fun trips. It had been a few years since I'd been there and so much has changed. They have the coolest display of hand blown glass 3,200 pieces to be exact that were blown in Seattle and flown to Indy for this display. The display stands approximately 48 feet tall and weighs 18,000 pounds. The glass is simply beautiful, several variations of color and shape. Some of the highlights of the day were the train center, game center, robotics center, the race car and of course the carousel ride and so many others things. When I asked Caleb what his favorite section was the science center took the number one spot. In the science center we were able to dam water, play with the display of the balls that would bounce and turn depending upon which lever you turned, made DNA of wheat germ and got to take some home (yummy). Caleb was asked to be part of a video that was being filmed that day and he had to act like he was running off of a slide. The day was so packed with interesting things to do and it helped to stimulate Caleb's brain that had been on vacation for a week. He has already asked when we can go again.



Another highlight for us this past weekend was that my mom graduated from college. She is 51 years old and got her college degree. She has worked so very hard the past few years to achieve this personal goal that she had set for herself. We celebrated by having a open house for her with friends and family. Mom I just want you to know that I'm very proud of you, what an achievement. My mom has some very serious health issues but decided she wanted to achieve this goal overcoming personal obstacles. Way to go!!!!!!





This was a favorite picture taken this weekend of Wayne & Spencer (nephew). Wayne had just taken Spencer over to pet the horses in the background. I took numerous photo's but my computer is just way too slow to try and load them all.

2 comments:

LaDonna said...

Oh, don't you just LOVE the Children's Museum??? We went there a couple summers ago and could have spent several DAYS going through it. I got a great photo of the glass display you were talking about. I'm so proud of your mom! Wow, graduating at 51, that's awesome!!

Unknown said...

That is so neat about your mom! Glad you had some R&R--you needed it! My site has changed but I think the link should get you there.