Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Flat Tires, Yard Sales & Baseball

Sounds like a great combination, huh?



It all started on last Thursday night, difficult day at work and was looking forward to a weekend at home with my family. I'm talking away on my cell phone (with the earpiece of course, can't seem to drive any other way) coming across the bridge from Kentucky into Indiana and traffic seems so heavy. My cruise is set, radio on and earpiece in my ear and I realize there is something in the road, traffic is on both sides of me and I can't avoid hitting it without hitting another vehicle. Brakes go on, conversation is stilled and I pray for the best. As soon as I hit it and a split second before that I realize the object must be a bag of nails or some very sharp objects. My tire immediately started going down and I work on trying to get over on a 3 lane highway with merging traffic coming on to the interstate. My sole concentration at this point is to safely get over to the side of the road and hope to make it to the next exit which is about 2 miles away. My husband is telling me to stop or I'm going to ruin the rim. God always works everything out in His own time and way because for the past couple of weeks, Wayne has been out of town on Thursday night but that night Wayne was at home. My husband was on his way to be the knight in shining armor to rescue his princess. I called the cops to let them know that there was something in the road, they came and looked but never found it. The object/objects tore a quarter size piece out of my left rear tire sidewall and punctured the left front tire . We never did find out what actually was in the road, I thought it was nails but who knows. Bottom line is that I now have 4 new tires on my car and God kept His hand of protection on me and my checking account is $500.00 poorer.




Yard Sale season is upon us and I have to confess that I went to my first yard sale on Friday. Found a few things but on Saturday a local church hosted a 40 family yard sale in their gym which was a nice treat. I walked around the entire gym and never bought a thing until the last table and they had a couple of nice dress shirts for Caleb, 50 cents a piece, down blanket for $1.00, and jeans for Caleb 50 cents each. I was so excited the shirts looked brand new, the jeans were appropriate enough for nice casual and the blanket is perfect for a nice throw. I love to find bargains, I'm already excited about the next yard sale because who knows what treasure I might find there.




Baseball season is upon us and Caleb had his first game on Saturday, he was the starting pitcher and did such an awesome job for his team but they ended up losing the game 7-6. Tonight was another game with Caleb's team winning, the score was 11-3 and Caleb hit 2 home runs in the game. I wish that I would have had my camera tonight but I went to the ball field straight from work so no pictures from the game. I'll have plenty to post as the season progresses.


This was a snapshot of last year's baseball season.



1 comment:

Leah said...

He looks like a little pro.
Too bad about the tire situation. I certainly feel for you.
Hope everything is going great otherwise.