Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update on my dad

Some of you have asked about my dad so here is an update. Dad is home from the hospital, he actually came home Friday afternoon. Thanks so much for your prayers.

The doctors did not find anything cardiac with this admission, other than the fact that he may have bruised his chest wall, thus causing his cardiac enzymes to be elevated. They also stated that it could be GERD (gastroesophygeal reflux disease), otherwise known as heart burn. As a cardiac nurse I know the cardiologists ran every test they could run on my dad, but I was hoping for a more definitive diagnosis. It was very reassuring that there was no cardiac disease but I also know there were so many people praying for my dad.

Dad has started his new stomach med and went back to work yesterday. He says he feels tired but otherwise good.

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing better!

Leah said...

Hope your dad is going to be just fine. I was sorry to see he had been in the hospital!

Laura ☃ said...

I hope your dad makes a full recovery soon! I was really interested to see that it was possibly GERD. About a month ago I went in with massive pain in my chest, trouble breathing...etc. They told me it was GERD. A mutual friend told me it can resemble feeling like a heart attack! She was right. That was the last thing I would have guessed. I hope the meds work for him & leave him ready to enjoy the spring :)