Saturday, May 17, 2008

Father's Day Present

I know we just got over Mother's Day but I had to blog about my newest project that I'm working on. Wayne's dad is retiring at the end of this month from his full time job, and he retired from the fire department last month. The fire department had a big dinner and party in his honor. Only one of his children were able to be there that evening so I decided to put together a scrapbook celebrating his years on the fire department. I have lots of photos from the evening and my mother-in-law has a bookshelf full of fire department mementos. I'm taking those photos and memorabilia and then photos of Larry (my father-in-law) with his children and grandchildren and compiling the album. I'm so excited about the project. I went to Hobby Lobby and found the Fire Fighter scrapbook album (black leather with the red and gold fire emblem), used a 40% coupon that they had in the newspaper and saved some money. I contacted Wayne's sisters that live in Colorado and Georgia to mail me some of their photos so the project is now over 50% complete. The plan is to present it to my father-in-law on Father's Day, he doesn't know that I'm working on it. I stayed up until about 2am this morning working on pages and I'm ready to do some more.

2 comments:

Telesa's Tales said...

The scrapbook sounds very exciting. I had to read your blog to find out if my busband made it to TN ok. I've tried calling him, but it seems that his phone probably is out of service. Did you hear how their ride went at the Tail of the Dragon? I've been nervous about it all weekend with Nathan's inexperience on his bike and all. I guess we'll be seeing him sometime tomorrow?
Have fun working on your scrapbook?

Aytha said...

Oh, this sounds like so much fun! Of course, I'm a bit biased when it comes to firefighters, as you know...and it seems that the only scrapbooking that I get done is when I'm with you, Telesa, and Mom. It's just not as much fun by yourself! Anyway, just wanted to say good luck, and I'm glad the guys are safe!!! (also a bit glad that mine didn't go with??) Love you!! Aytha