Monday, June 30, 2008

Tomato Plants

This is the big tree that crashed through our back deck and walkout patio. Needless to say the dogs were pretty scared when I got home that night, today was the first day that they have slept in their dog houses.

Upward view of the tree on the house. It landed against my kitchen window and patio door but did not break any glass.

Another close-up view of the railing on the deck.

This is the back & side view of Wayne's pole barn, it appears that the entire roof will have to be taken off and replaced as well as some of the trusses.


Last week in the storm, my tomato plants got ruined and I was really bummed because my tomato plants were doing so well. This was the first time I'd ever tried growing tomato plants in a container on the deck but it was not to be. Tonight when I got home, I had a huge tomato plant on my front porch, my dear friend Tracy knew how badly I felt about my tomato plants and she shared one of hers with me. She even included this sweet card that shared my disappointment about losing these plants. I know they were just tomato plants but it was kinda like giving birth, you plant them so very small and watch them grow. Tracy thanks for being my dear friend, you are there for me through all my ups and downs in life and I'm so glad you are. Sniff, sniff. My girlfriends and my husband know how I can cry at anything and I'm feeling real sentimental about these silly plants. God made me such a unique creature it is no wonder He threw away the mold.



1 comment:

LaDonna said...

Wow, what a lot of damage!!! But thank God no one was hurt, and the house is in one relative piece. Bummer about his pole barn. I will show the photos to Joe when he gets home. Take care and we're anxious to see you all in about a month!!!! :)