Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day

I had the wonderful honor of sharing Father's Day with my daddy, this was his first Father's Day without his dad so it was somewhat bittersweet. Dad I'm so glad I got to surprise you this weekend (I knew that my dad was going to be at my brother's house so my other brother and I decided to come and visit and give dad a big surprise). Thanks Telesa and Nathan for letting us crash at your house. My daddy has always been a hero to me. Daddy is a gentle and quiet person but his emotions run very deep. Dad always encouraged each one of his children to be the best they could be and told us we could do anything we wanted if we set our mind to it. Dad prays faithfully for me daily and I can always count on him being out in the kitchen having devotions early in the morning when I'm visiting home, just like he did when I was growing up. Dad, I really appreciate the christian heritage that you have given me, and I will always cherish you as my daddy.

No comments: