Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blueberry Muffins

Yesterday morning I had some blueberries that I needed to use before they went to waste so I went in search of a great blueberry muffin recipe and thought I'd share what I found. I modifed the recipe to suit me so here is my version. The original recipe came from my favorite cookbook of all time (The Original Sunday Dinner-Meals from family kitchens). Enjoy!

Maine Blueberry Muffins
1/3 cup salted butter-softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1 2/3 cups flour
1 3/4 baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint fresh blueberries

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg, salt, and milk. Add dry ingredients and vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.

2 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by my site and posting a comment! Your muffin recipe sounds yummy--I just may have to try it soon as my mom just brought me some fresh picked berries!
Blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those muffins for your Birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday


Love Ya,

Mother