Friday, July 20, 2007

Summer fun

This was a catfish that Wayne and Caleb caught while fishing in our pond. We feed the fish along with our 6 ducks that we have pretty much every night. They caught this catfish by using a hotdog as bait. We grilled the catfish the next night and it was quite tasty. Wayne was talking on his cellphone to his dad about the big catch because feeding the ducks and fish is something Larry (my father-in-law) totally enjoys. He can stand on the bank for hours watching the ducks and fish.
This is Caleb enjoying the water, he loves to lay on the giant butterfly and float.

This is my nephew Spencer, he was sitting on the patio table, under the umbrella while everyone else was in the pool.


My brother, Jonathan and his wife Aytha holding niece Savannah. They were watching Caleb go down the slide.


Wayne and his dad eating out on the deck at Caleb's birthday party.





This one is for you bubby! Gotcha with your mouth wide open stuffing pizza in as fast as you could. You asked where your picture was well here it is. I almost did the swimming pool picture but thought it just might reveal toooooo much. Love ya!


This is Nathan, my brother and his wife Telesa holding daughter Savannah.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, the swimming, I mean...I nver been much of a fisher(woman) :-)

Tamra said...

Wow! How much did that thing weigh?

Rachel said...

Tamra,
The fish weighed about 20 lbs. Wayne's grandpa had always talked about the fish in the pond and how big they were but it wasn't until we started feeding them every night that we really started seeing it with our own eyes.

Rachel said...

Amy,
I'm not a fisherwoman myself. I'm too squemish to even touch the worms. I felt like I was doing a huge favor to Wayne and Caleb when I allowed the worms in a platic container, wrapped in a double brown lunch bag to even be in my fridge. I love fish but just not the process of catching them.