Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random thoughts




This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity for us. Caleb was in the parade for his school band and then for his baseball team that won the district championship this summer. We just were not sure how everything would work out and it had been quite the topic of discussion for the past few weeks. The school float was #41 and the baseball team was #109 so there was little lull in between so Caleb was able to participate with both floats it kept Wayne & I very busy but we made it. We stayed at the festival the rest of the day and watched the tractor pull that night, the crowd just keeps getting bigger every year.
I just also want to say that there was something that I had been stressing over, praying about and just asking God for a miracle and that miracle happened this past week in a way that I never could have imagined. I'm a person that has to know how everything is going to work out, how plan A is going to fit into plan B and so on and when the exact time table is going to take place. My friends call me a control freak. God decided to take my little time schedule and toss it out the window and work His miracle in such a marvelous way. What a lesson in faith that has been for me.
On Tuesday evening I had the wonderful opportunity to be with a very dear and close friend of mine, we've been scheduling a time to get together for the past few months but life has happened and our schedules have not meshed together. We had a delightful evening out by the river at Captain's Quarters watching all the boats and birds as they flew in formation. I sat by the river on the pier and just thought about what an amazing world God has created, He gives us the beauty of the trees that are changing with the seasons, water that can be calm one moment but swirling with waves the next, birds that fly in formation but then land and pick a worm and then dear friends with whom we share some of life's most intimate moments. Thanks dear friend for an amazing evening and for letting me share my heart with you. I'm so very blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

LaDonna said...

You have been tagged!! Check out my blog to see the details.