Saturday, November 01, 2008

Busy Week!

I was able to get rid of the rental car this week. YEAH!!!!!!! As you can see above the damage that was done to my car courtesy of a highway worker mowing along the highway. The brush hog that was being pulled by the tractor apparently had a little to much RPM for turning corners because the it picked up the interal workings of a car started and propelled it into my passenger door as I'm sitting at the stoplight. Talk about frightening, I ducked in my seat and covered my head. It sounded like a gun shot had gone off. This starter had skimmed across the top of a pickup truck, slammed into my door and bounced off and hit another car and then came to rest alongside the highway. The state and local cop that worked the scene were in total disbelief, they said that had never seen that happen before. My angel was working overtime. My car now looks brand new after getting it back from the body shop.




This is a picture of my hunter, his backdrop is his bathroom shower curtain. Caleb's bathroom and bedroom are done in camo.


On Wednesday night we went to the Sarah Palin rally in Jeffersonville, it took me 2 hours to go only a few miles to get into the warehouse where she was to speak. Definately worth it, it was incredible standing with an estimated 16,000 -20,000 people and watching the bus pull into the warehouse and see Sarah and her husband step off the bus. I have no pictures to post of this momentous occasion just yet.
This week has been busy with Caleb truck & treating, picking up the car, returning a rental, seeing Sarah Palin, visiting with LaDonna from TN, and fall festival at church. Lots of wonderful memories were made.

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Oh my word! That would have been so scary!

amy said...

Oh goodness, I am so glad that you were not injured. Praise God!

How are you all holding up under the election results?

LaDonna said...

I had such a GREAT time spending a few hours with you...I hope you weren't too exhausted! I hope that we can do it again...maybe you can come down in February for the girl's getaway? And your car looks great, I would have never guessed anything happened to it. They did a great job.