Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Some Thoughts!

We have a new President elect that is awaiting his swearing in ceremony. I watched and listened to Obama's acceptance speech and did not think that he was very excited about being elected President of the United States, he smiled in some appropriate places but there was a look on his face. The look seemed to say "What have I done?", Michelle Obama appeared to be happier about the election than her husband. I also found it strange that Vice-President Biden did not even join the stage until after the speech was completed- what happened to the team?

I'm reminded of this, "God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way".

The future is yet to be written and the days are yet to be lived but my future is secure with God. My life is in God's hands. I'm worried in the human sense of what our country will become and the future of my family and friends but secure with the promise that God has everything under control. I celebrated my American freedom by voting and letting my voice be heard.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Amen and Amen! Great post!
He's our Hope and our Rock!