Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall Recipe

I have made this recipe several times recently and taken it to fall gatherings. It is well received and many ask for the recipe so I thought I'd share it with you. This recipe is not orignal with me but I have adapted as you see below. It will make your home smell so delicious as it is baking. Enjoy!


Pumpkin Crunch

1 box yellow cake mix
1 large can of pumpkin (29 oz.)
1 12oz. can of evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 ½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter (melted)
Cool whip

Grease 9x13 dish. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and then mix together. Pour into dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans and drizzle melted butter over pecans and dry cake mix. Bake for 55-60 minutes @350 degrees. Cool and top with cool whip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy and easy too...just my thing! :D I'm homesick for Louisville...

LaDonna said...

Rachel, in the recipe, is it regular evaporated milk, or sweetened condensed milk? I've seen it both ways and wanted to make sure.

Sounds rich and delicious!