Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Celebrating Wayne's Birthday

This is the birthday guy! Happy 36th birthday Sweetheart!




We celebrated Wayne's birthday by going to Claudia Sander's Dinner House in Shelbyville, KY. We had not been there for a quite a while and Wayne thought it would be the perfect opportunity to take a motorcycle ride with our friends, Joe & Tracy as well as celebrate his birthday. The ride down wasn't bad but we decided to take the scenic ride home which was beautiful but needless to say we girls were ready to call it quits, our derriere's were not quite used to riding on the bikes that long. The dinner house was started by Colonel Sander's wife and was actually the place where KFC's corporate headquarters were first located before they moved to Louisville, KY. They will serve off the menu or you can be served family style. It is a neat place to go and visit and was actually featured in the Taste of Home magazine some time ago.


This is a picture of our dear friends Joe & Tracy. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.






Notice the bad hair day, this is what motorcycle helmets will do for you.



Here I am pretending to drive this big bike, the seat is quite comfy but I'm not a driver of motorcycles it has taken a big effort on my part to ride behind my husband. It still is not my favorite mode of transportation but we have a good time while riding.


Here are the four of us, some nice man was gracious enough to take our picture. There were alot of fun memories made that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Wayne! I have never been out there to Claudia Sanders--I've heard it's good.
It's good to see the pictures of Joe and Tracy. I am homesick today.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Wayne and hi Rachel! My Dad and I ate at Claudia's one time and we love it. I especially loved their corn bread. The best I ever had! I'm with you on motorcycle riding. I'm glad that Philip doesn't care about it. Curves especially make me nervous. I want to lean the other way.

LaDonna said...

OOHH, looks like so much fun!! In fact, we just rode last night into Home Depot and it was GORGEOUS!! I'm thinking about doing a blog about it. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! One of the best investments we ever made for our marriage!!!