Thursday, August 16, 2007

Protection Angel

I had a protective angel watching over me last night and I just wanted to share this with you. I've had a very busy week this week with work and just life in general. Yesterday I sat in a class for 8-9 hours, rushed to meet a friend for shopping and dinner got into town approximately 9:30pm picked up Caleb, spent a few minutes with my in-laws, rushed over to a friends house to make a delivery and then it happened as Caleb and I pulled into their driveway. I heard this pop as I drove into their driveway and I thought I must have gotten my tire partly on the driveway and grass I hope I didn't hit anything. I get out of my car to open the trunk and there is my left rear tire popped.
The story behind this tire is that I had gotten a screw in my original left rear tire and Wayne decided to try putting some slime (it is supposed to help with tractors, ATV's, ect.) in the tire and then use a plug, well the slime set up in the tire and was causing quite the bumpy ride at slow speeds. So my dear husband was going to fix the tire this weekend but because of other obligations on Saturday we arrived at the tire place just as it was closing so the tire couldn't be fixed. Plan B was to get a tire from another source have it put on, remove the slime from the original tire and replug it, rebalance it and thus I'd have a new tire, well the plan worked except that the tire that we got had different lugnuts and now we are at the end of the weekend and my husband will be gone all week. Wayne calls a good friend of his and the friend offered to remove the slime from the original tire, put on the spare tire and then change back to my original tire once my tire was fixed. Sounds confusing, I apologize.
The bottom line was I was at the friend's house who was going to change my tire back to the original tire that had been repaired when the spare tire popped right in their driveway. It was simply a miracle for me that the spare tire did not pop as I was driving the many miles of highway that I was on yesterday and that God kept his hand over me and sent his guardian angel to protect me. I'm truly helpless when it comes to changing tires, airing up my tires or doing any maintenance with my car. God gave me a wonderful husband who is very mechanically inclined that takes care of those things for me. I also appreciate that we have some wonderful and dear friends that help us out but that we have close fellowship with as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad God kept you safe!