Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mirage of Thoughts

I've got so many thoughts running through my head tonight that I thought I'd at least share a couple. This past week has been absolutely nutty at our house.
  1. Update on John Price (Papaw): we went and saw him on Sunday after church, he is not able to talk to us because of the trach in his throat but he did recognize us. It appears that his neuro status is not completely back to baseline. He has a very long road of recovery before him but at least he was moved on Sunday to a rehab unit at University instead of the ICU. Continue to pray for him and his family.
  2. I had to make a lady DNR this week which simply means that she has made a decision to not be revived when her time of life is up. I fell in love with her and her family, she is the sweetest 90 year old lady and just found out that she has colon cancer that has spread throughout her body with less than a year to live. She has an absolutely awesome attitude about her situation even though her body is filled with cancer and blood clots.
  3. I've dealt with a patient who was admitted with multiple bed sores on her body because of not being taken care of properly, needless to say social services had to be involved, such a sad case.
  4. I've had open heart patients that are 3 and 4 days post-op and they are still confused, what a busy day that makes for me trying to continously reorient them and still get all my work done. Whew!
  5. I've had so much going on that I actually stood a friend up for lunch today, talk about feeling bad. I was eating humble pie.
  6. This list could go on and on but I'm going to stop for now.

Thanks to all who have told me that they are praying for me and to hang in there. God's perfect plan still hasn't been revealed yet but I'm learning to trust and hang closer.

1 comment:

Laura ☃ said...

I just got on to read this...wow. I don't know what to say. Being that you posted it a couple days ago, I will still pray that you have peace this weekend in the middle of the storm.