Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday Celebration

The month of January is a crazy month in my family for birthday's. My parents, brothers and one sister-in-law all share January for their birth month's. My mom and sister-in-laws and I debated about this weekend, did we want to go out or cook dinner. We finally decided that a home cooked meal would be just fine if it included a favorite for each individual. Our celebration dinner included the following:
  • Apricot Glazed Pork Loin
  • Wild Rice
  • Greek Salad
  • Orange Salad
  • Macaroni & cheese
  • Crusty multi-grain bread
  • Chocolate covered peanut butter pie
  • Carmel Apple Cake

I have to say the pork loin was a huge success. The original recipe was from Angela Nichols in Mt. Airy, N.C and was published by Gooseberry Patch "Magic of Christmas" but I tweaked it just a bit to our taste. The version below is mine.

Apricot Glazed Pork Loin

  • 15 slices of boneless porkloin
  • Greek Seasoning sprinkled generously over pork loin
  • 15-1/4 oz. can apricot halves, reserve juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Place porkloin in dish and sprinkle with Greek seasoning. Cover dish with foil and cook at 375 for 2 hours, then turn oven to 350 for 1/2 hour or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Mash apricot halves with juice, blend in sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes, remove from heat. Pour apricot sauce over slices of porkloin. Enjoy! The Greek seasoning was just something that I had purchased at Walmart in the spice section, it is just another version of seasoing salt with a few more spices.

I'll post some pictures later, just haven't uploaded them yet.

2 comments:

Tamra said...

Would you like to cook for my birthday??? :) Everything sounds delicious.

Aytha said...

Oh good! I was hoping you would post this recipe! I forgot to copy it while there, but i knew I had to have it...it has a melt-in-your-mouth kind of goodness!!