Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

It seems like it has been so long since I've actually set down to type something on my blog. 2007 has come and gone and the last few months of it passed in such a blur to me that I look back and wonder how we survived. Christmas is not a fun time to move but that was not our choice, it was just how everything worked out.

I have many people to thank for helping us through this transition. The week leading up to the move my dear friend Tracy came in and shampooed all of the carpets in the house. My brother-in-law came in and painted the living room on Christmas Eve and didn't even leave a paint smell. My dad and two brothers came in the day after Christmas and helped us tremendously, we joked that there was a personal helper for each one of us. Then this move would not be complete without the team of heavy lifters, you know who you are and we thank each of you so very much. When you have any kind of transition you just want life to stop until you get through the change, but life just doesn't happen this way. We continued to work our regular schedules, battled through sickness and survived with boxes surrounding us but God's grace was sufficient. Sunday evening before Christmas, I became very overwhelmed from the enormity of the task at hand but God sent some very special angels to help me lighten the load. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came in on Christmas Eve, while I was at work and finished packing up our house. They power packed for a few hours and were such a blessing. When Wayne called me at work and told me that the rest of the house had been packed, I felt such a sense of relief. I had been under such pressure to get everything done, my boss had only allowed me to take one day off since it was during the holidays, I was fighting strep throat and laryngitis, I was extremely tired from buring the candle at both ends and just wanted to get through those few days. I did manage to get through the stressful period, I went to the doctor and got some antiobiotics and had to take some time off work because of sickness. I've been able to rest up and take life a little bit easier and look back and marvel at the blessings that God sends our way. The blessings came in many forms, a cooked meal, helping hands, hugs and laughter just to name a few.

Wayne was off work last week and that helped so much with getting alot of the outside stuff organized, his pole barn is up and running. The barn has a car lift in it and trust me, he is absolutely loving it. Tuesday night he had to change the oil in my car, he drove the car from the garage to the pole barn, put it up on rack and changed the oil without even getting dirty. The pole barn is his favorite thing about the new house. The house is pretty much organized, the kitchen and living room are all set up, bathrooms are organized but the bedrooms still have boxes in them. Wayne's grandma came by the house yesterday and made the comment, "Rachel, you know that Rome wasn't built in a day, so don't expect everything to be put away in a week".

I'll post some photos later, just haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

2 comments:

Tamra said...

Glad to hear things are going better for you since the move. Hope you feel 100% soon!

Laura ☃ said...

It sounds like the end of 2007 & beginning of 2008 you have been very blessed with friends & family helping to get you through. Hope you are feeling all better now & feeling more at home! I loved the pics from the other blog! Looks like you have a wonderful family :)