Monday, January 14, 2008

Pictures of our house

This is where Caleb and Wayne love to hang out. This weekend they spent a few hours in the pole barn coming up with ideas for Caleb's Destination Imagination program (DI). Caleb participates with this program through school where they are divided into teams and children are encouraged to think outside of the box, and solve problems creatively. It is a great program that I believe is done nationally but first they compete on a local level. This year his team has to come up with ideas for building a project that will have 4-6 obstacles, it must have a Christian theme, a skit and take no longer than 4 minutes to complete (this includes set-up time, skit and obstacles). It is definately a challenge. Wayne thrives on helping Caleb with these projects. A few topics that were discussed included positive and negative pressure, and flow of gravity. I love creative projects but DI gets just too technical for me.
The living room.
This is a picture of the dining room. Notice the cabinet holding my collection of cookbooks. I collect cookbooks and probably have over 250. This cabinet holds special meaning to us. We purchased it at Wayne's grandparents estate auction a few years ago, it was a cabinet that had been stashed in the barn after catching on fire some 50 plus years ago. His grandparents at one time displayed it in their kitchen. Wayne had it refurnished for me as a Christmas present a couple of years ago. When our house was up for sale, we had to have a sign in the cabinet window stating that the cabinet would not be going with house.


Here is a picture of my new kitchen. I'm absolutely loving it. It is great for entertaining.

My brother, Jon is diligently reading the newspaper. I don't even think that he knew I took this picture, he was so engrossed.

Caleb is patiently waiting to open Christmas presents and trying to have a pillow fight.
This is my sister-in-law (Tammara) acting silly with her camera on Christmas.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Your new home is very lovely!!

Tamra said...

Everything looks nice. Glad you are finally settled in.

Telesa's Tales said...

Great, looks good!